Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Super Bowl

Who will win? The team with the best defense, the Steelers, or the team that can get rid of the ball just fast enough to beat the team with the best defense by running multiple slants, the Cardinals? Hard to say. Let's see what Carl of Aqua Teen has to say.

The Steelers? Well, if Carl says it, then it must be true. To be honest, though, I'm kind of pulling for a Cardinals upset. However, I'm only pulling for an upset if the game plays out as follows . . .
1) Kurt Warner gets injured on first play from scrimmage;
2) Matt Leinart comes in;
3) Leinart throws for 350 yards;
4) Leinart throws for 4 TDs; and
5) Leinart wins MVP.
As a side note, he doesn't necessarily have to throw for 350 and 4TDs, he just needs to dominate. I'm not picky, but I'd prefer the 350 with 4 scores. As for the MVP, it is a must. If he doesn't dominate, then it's all for naught.
Why am I pulling for this? As you know, I am sick and tired of hearing that Kurt Warner is a Hall of Famer. If he gets hurt and Leinart comes in and plays exceedingly well, then it is proof that Warner's great play is more a result of those around him than his actual ability. And if that does happen, then Warner does not get into the Hall of Fame.
GO CARDS!!!

2 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

I don't care either way

AngryMan said...

Malach:
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just not that interesting of a game.