Saturday, July 12, 2008

Carlos Marmol

Thanks for blowing a F I V E run lead in the 9th to waste Harden's first start for the Cubs. Ridiculous. Just fracking ridiculous. You've sucked it up the last month, and giving up F I V E runs to the GIANTS of all teams is just unacceptable. I know that we ended up winning the game, thanks to my boy Reed Johnson with a big hit in the 11th that drove in Mark DeRosa, but it shouldn't have gone into extras.
If it were up to me, Gaudin, Marshall (who cleaned up your mistake with two shutout innings), or Cotts would take your slot as the set-up man when Eyre comes back and we have to make a roster move. Hell, I'd rather have Hart than you at this point even though he isn't much beyond one inning and he isn't an MLB set-up man. I'm not knocking Hart, he's a great guy and a good team player who can contribute in certain situations, but he just hasn't shown that he's got what it takes to stay in the majors.
Carlos, I know that you're a good pitcher and you've got the tools to be great at this level, but you need a few weeks in the minors to get your head straight.
I am pulling for you even though I'm really upset at you right now.

2 comments:

Pope Benedict XVI said...

The Cubs are Satan's team yes, yes!

AngryMan said...

No, that would be the DEVIL RAYS!!!

They can change their name to the Rays, but we know the truth, yes, yes.